Monday, July 23, 2007

Petey; our newest addition

As we approach our one year anniversary, we found it would only be appropriate to do one thing: buy another pet. We got Dartenion, our turtle, when we were married, and now we decided to add an interactive, non-hissing pet. (which I have found Petey makes a noise that could be categorized as a 'hiss') I found Petey on the KSL classifies while I was looking at puppies. Now, we aren't allowed to have dogs or cats so obviously a bird was the next best thing. About two weeks ago I drove out to Brigham City to pick him up and we are having a lot of fun with him. Josh is trying to teach him to whistle the Andy Griffith theme song. He has some of it down, and I am pretty sure Josh wont give up until he has it perfect. He whistles at me every morning when I open his cage. You know, that woot wooo whistle. Also of note, this bird is weird just like us. He is obsessed with feet! He will climb down my leg and sit on my foot...only then does he start to whistle the Andy Griffith theme song. If I move him he freaks out and flies back to my foot. It's kinda interesting...


We like having him around and hopefully, like the turtle, we can mange to keep him alive.

This is Erin and Ammon, our neighbors. Erin had never held a bird before...




No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails