Thursday, August 23, 2007

Bills

I admit, I don't like paying bills. That is when I feel like I work for nothing, well, except to pay my power, gas, cell phone, rent, etc. Everyone has to do it, and reality check, everyone has to do it for the rest of their lives. There will always be bills.

Apparently, Petey hates bills too.

I was at my desk getting everything organized, paying bills, cyber stalking people, the usual. Petey was on my shoulder hanging out. All of a sudden he starts climbing down my arm and he jumps onto my desk. The first thing he goes for? My bills. He starts squawkin' at them and I guess he got really mad because he started eating my bills. I had no idea this bird had such anger issues. If I had my way, I would let him eat my bills. It would make for a great conversation when the collections peeps call and say,

Collector, "Mrs. Shumway? It seems your bill is 30 days late."

Me, "What bill?"

Collector, "The gas bill."

Me, "Have you ever seen 'Dumb and Dumber?" (snicker, snicker)

Collector, "Ma'am, the bill?"

Me, "The bird ate it."

Collector, "The bird ate your bill?"

Me, "Yes ma'am. The bird ate it."



No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails