Wednesday, August 1, 2007

The Real Update

Okay, okay, I guess people want to know what is going on in our lives instead of what I think about Britney Spears. The purpose for mentioning Britney Spears is her life is a lot more exciting then ours. Just trying to give you guys something interesting to read about.

Let's start with Josh. He is still pluggin' away with school. He is a trooper and took classes this summer which he has done extremely well in. Anatomy is the class of the hour, or should I say of all hours. If he isn't sleeping or eating, he is studying. It shows when he brings home perfect scores on quizzes (that currently reside on our fridge) and his latest and greatest achievement, aside from making it to our first anniversary, bringing home a 93% on his Anatomy Lab mid-term. I am secretly worried that he is going to get a better grade than I did and then I have nothing on the kid. He wins in looks, personality, and coming soon, smarts. I suppose this is for the best because he'll be out making the money, and I'll be on my nice leather sectional watching 'Passions' and eating chocolate covered pretzels. Hopefully after one more year at UVSC he will be able to apply for pharmacy school. This will be in the Fall of '08 and he would start the Fall of '09. Speaking of pharmacy school, it turns out that Josh's dad has a cousin that is married to a guy who is the assistant to the dean of the University of Utah. You can't tell me that's not a good connection. He sat down and had a little chat with us at Ben's reception and said, "When you apply, give me a call." You bet we will Mr., um....cousin who is married to our cousin once removed! I know that good test scores and grades can get you into programs, but nothing gives you a boost like the right connections do. This summer Josh also completed enough credits to get his Associates. He is moving on up the ladder. Turns out that his pharmacy degree will actually be a doctorate and I bet he'll make people call him Dr. Shumway. Anyway, back to school, this summer term ends in about two weeks and then he has a week off from classes only to begin again on the 22nd or 23rd of August. This next year he will be entering classes such as Organic Chemistry. Sick, I hated O chem and I can't think of anything in the world I wouldn't want to do...wait...okay I can but for those of you who have taken it (Kent and Lesiy excluded) you know what I mean. This class should be worth 15 credits and it should be the only class you take that semester. Good thing Josh is a genius. Honestly, Josh's life is school right now. He's amazing and he keeps moving forward.

As for me, well, I am doing exactly what I said I wanted to do in the above paragraph. Sitting watching 'Passions' eating chocolate covered pretzels. Woah, hold up, daydream. I'm at work right now. As far as school is concerned, I won't be starting up this Fall. I know, that was the plan but someone forgot to get their named changed on the SS records and it messed up her FAFSA info and by the time she made it down to the SS office it was too late. Speaking of Social Security, here is a funny experience I had at the SS Office. As I stepped up to the nice plated glass window and handed over my info, the man asked, "What is your mother's maiden name?" I told him, and he curtly said, "That is incorrect." I may have my blonde moments, but I am pretty sure I know who my mom is. I repeated the name and he said, "Do you not know what your mom's name is?" I tend to be a jerk so I said, "Since you seem to know, why don't you tell me." Hmmm, not the right way to go about that. Luckily, before things could escalate I remembered I was adopted and that maybe, just maybe, even though it was only 14 years ago, that the records aren't correct. Thank heavens I remembered my biological mom's maiden name, and that I had brought my adopted birth certificate so I was able to have the information changed. After providing all the correct information, and after passing 33 Hispanics on my way out, I called my mom to tell her the great news. She was officially, on government records, my mother. Anyway, so no school for me this Fall, and I'm not sure about the Spring either. The classes are too intense and I can't do them plus work full time. The schedules conflict. So I will probably start up when we move to pharmacy school. This way Josh and I can live off student loans together. Work isn't too shabby. I mean, it has its moments and lately there have been more than usual, but I can live with that. I am looking into joining weight watchers here in the very near future. Being a fatty just isn't what I thought it would be and I am ready to get back to my normal, pre marriage weight. Not possible you say? Oh, it is. While Ammon and Erin are becoming slaves to their South Beach Diet, I am thriving on my newly improved Power Diet! What does it entail you ask? I can't say, it's classified.

5 comments:

Kent and Leisy said...

emk...did i tell you that i love passions???!!! too bad little timmy died. its gone downhill since then.

Josh & Kenna said...

You have a valid point...and then after Timmy die they replaced all the characters with new actors...

Kent and Leisy said...

i totally agree. at least teresa is still teresa. and i really like luis too.

Josh & Kenna said...

Ha, so two of the original twenty-seven some odd characters are the same...where has my world gone...

Erin said...

Hey - if you need a weight watchers buddy, CALL ME! Also, I feel famous being posted on your blog. Wahoo!

Related Posts with Thumbnails