Monday, September 24, 2007

Sentimental Value

So I have had a really hard week. Just busy, not enough time to catch my breath, when will the world stop so I can get myself together kind of week. The other day I told Josh I was cranky and felt like crying. He put his arm around me and said, "So you're pms-ing pretty bad?" For those of you who watch The Office, I hope you laughed real hard with that one. It seems Office quotes are never inappropriate.
In my scrambled state, I decided to clean out our 'office.' Now, our office is just the extra bedroom with old, hand-me-down desks, our computers and our turtle in it. Anyway, I came across a stack of old letters and notes that people had written me. As I sifted through them, I found some that dated back to my sophomore year in high school, even a letter from my Grandma that she had written me while she was on her mission! (I was 8 years old!) I couldn't help but read every single one of them. There had to be a reason I held on to them for all these years. I will tell you what, it made my day. These were notes and letters written by people who cared about me most, and who were a ray of sunshine in those rough times. It's always good to remember that despite what you are feeling and dealing with, that there are those out there that care enough to think of you. Plus, they killed two birds with one stone. It helped back then and now.

Makes me want to write some notes of my own.

Also, as I was uploading my pictures, I found this picture of India. I am pretty sure this was when we gave Ammon his birthday present, a fart machine, and it scared India really bad. I guess she just doesn't understand the humor yet! I think I was trying to distract her with pictures of herself. Anyway, she's a darling little and we love hanging out with her. (Sometimes her parents too...)

4 comments:

Erin said...

It's a bit sad when you have to use the baby card to get people to hang out with you . . .

Kenna said...

HA HA HA. I admit, I didn't get your comment for a minute...I was thinking, "What in the world is Erin trying to convey here...." India is an added bonus. You really are the fun one. You can quote me on that...to Ammon even.

Steve and Hailey said...

I love going through all letters and old elementary art projects! I have a box that has about everything. It's also quite entertaining to go through old journals...the personal embarrassment is worth a couple laughs for me.

Kenna said...

Old journals, I have put those away somewhere that no one can find them. I think I had this plan to burn them so my posterity coudn't find out how much of a nut case I am.

Related Posts with Thumbnails