Tuesday, September 25, 2007

The Strip Is Calling My Name...

I get super excited about road trips. Why? Because I rarely go on them. It's not like when I was in college and we took off for Moab, or Vegas just because we wanted to. Now I have to be responsible. Well, I am taking a couple days off from 'responsibility.' As you all know, I am taking a trip to Vegas.

What has me so excited today? Well, I was looking for a hotel in Henderson hoping to keep the price reasonable as staying on the strip is a bit more expensive. As I was searching, I found rooms at the Excalibur hotel for 94 bucks a night! This is great because 1.) This hotel has GREAT pools and 2.) We are on the strip so everything is a bit more accessible! The New York, New York is right across the street (roller coaster!), the Tropicana is close by so we can go see the Bodies Exhibit, I mean, this is just great. Plus, when you book the hotel, it's final, you're going. I mean, sure you can cancel, but why cancel? Just go and have a good time right?

On a completely different note, I have come to realize that I really don't like hike school kids. I work right by Timpview High, and they drive me nuts! There is a little burger place right across the street from my office. It's called Ripples (those of you who are familiar with seminary videos you know what place I am talking about...the phone call...) and all these ingrates go eat lunch there. Driving their '89 Ford Taurus with the 'bass' pumping and what not. There is a rule, you can't blare music like that unless you have the system to do it. My car, for example, has a nice enough system with some good subs so I therefore and allowed to blast my music and pump up the bass. I saw a couple kids out side smoking today too. They couldn't have been older than 16. Idiots the lot of them.

Hmmm...all this Vegas talk has me thinking...I'd better go save up some nickels.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails