Monday, October 15, 2007

Here's A Tip...

First, let's all give a 'hoo rah' to Josh. He received a promotion at work and is now the assistant manager. (not assistant to the manager...) This included a pay raise, which is always welcomed, and you know, more responsibility or whatever. I also received a raise this month so Josh and I are pretty happy with how that turned out.

Along with my raise my boss gave me a gift card to a restaurant in Sandy called 'Carvers Steak and Chops.' Josh and I went up on Saturday night and it was a great dining experience. We sat right in front of a cozy fire place, the waiter was great, and the food was great...oh and the dessert was great. (Irish Mouse Pie and Crème Brule!) The gift card was for $100 and we spent $65. We had the choice of saving that for a future visit, or giving it all to the waiter. We gave it all to the waiter. When he ran the card Josh said he heard him giggle/laugh. Then when he came back he was all happy. I'll be honest, that made my night! I can't wait until we have money so I can leave fifties and hundreds for tips.

Moving right along, our Vegas trip is in TWO WEEKS! You have no idea how excited this makes me! The weather here is really starting to suck so I could use a little warm sun. As a little review for ya'll, we are going to the Bodies Exhibit! This is going to be amazing. I have heard such good things about it! I also have a slight craving for In 'n' Out. This is good because in two weeks I'll be dying for it! Sigh, how I love Las Vegas. I think I need to watch some Ocean's Eleven.

Here is a new development, I'm seriously contemplating going to massage therapy school this coming January. I thought about it a little this past spring. I love my job but I don't really want to be here forever. Since I got married the plans to be a doctor fizzled, although of course it could still be an option, but I think I really want to do this. I see a massage therapist and she is amazing! It doesn't take terribly long, 8 months or so, and then eventually it will be a 'mom friendly' career. The more and more I think about it the more I want to be at home as much as I can when I have kids.

Today is dragging by... Typical Monday. Freaking Monday's. Who put the stigma on Monday's? I would like to have a word with them. ...5 minute time lapse... I just watched the 'Hot Pocket' video on Ammon and Erin's blog and it just made my day! Thank you for curing my Monday Blues you guys!

I hope all ya'll out there are surviving...

5 comments:

taylor and laney said...

i had a lean pocket for breakfast. i quite like them, no matter what ammon and erin's blog says. and they don't give me any digestive problems.

Geoff & Cali said...

Massage Therapy?? That's awesome. :)

Josh & Kenna said...

Yup, and I'll give you the hook ups Cali, when I'm good of course.

Erin said...

i think that picture of a hot pocket just gave me diarhea.

Geoff & Cali said...

Sweet! Hey congratulations on your promotions too, that's awesome! I guess your boss wised up huh?

Related Posts with Thumbnails