Friday, November 23, 2007

A Belated Thanks Post

It has come to my attention that I need to focus my thoughts on the good things in life. The past couple of weeks have been hard on me with call after call of bad news. Perhaps for a moment I can reflect on the things that I am thankful for.

1. The gospel. Even though I am not the kind of 'spiritual' that most people recognize, it's there, and I know that my faith is what pulls me from bed each morning with the strength to face another day.

2. Josh. I am this mans greatest trial. He is the most patient and loving person I know. He has to put up with me, the hormonal monster from hell, and at the end of the day he still loves me. Despite what I put him through.

3. Family. It is a well known fact that my family is by far the most amazing out there. My mom and dad have been nothing less than the perfect parents. Especially with the trials I face. They listen, offer their advice, and don't yell back when I yell at them because the scrapbook pages I burned onto a cd didn't really burn... They recognize how unstable I am. My siblings always put a smile on my face and show me that life can be good. My grandmother always reminds me that there is light amidst the never ending darkness you see and the endlessness you can feel. I have aunts and uncles who offer endless support and love. My in-laws are troopers for putting up with such an unconventional daughter-in-law.

4. Friends. It is also a well known fact that my friends are by far the most amazing out there. Never have I felt so loved, supported and cared for. They make me trophies for blogging about my trials. They listen when they don't have to, and when they probably don't want to. The day I got my MRI I received texts from numerous friends telling me to hang in there, that I was in their prayers. With so many prayers sent out in my behalf, it's no wonder I am able to make it through each day. To them I say thank you, and I love you. I hope one day you'll realize what you have done for me and Josh. You too are constant reminders that life is good. My life is good.

5. Doctors. More importantly, doctors/staff who are as hell bent as I am on finding the REAL problem.

6. I am thankful for the understanding of those who have walked where I am walking. For the women who have experienced heartache and pain on the journey to motherhood. While mine is just beginning, I keep your stories close to my heart as I know I will need the strength they offer. The strength you offer.

Sorry if this was a little too warm and fuzzy. It's not like me to be that way. Then again, this does my heart good.

3 comments:

Erin said...

I really enjoyed your thankful post! Keep up all of the good work!

Lindz said...

Kenna I love ya! This is the best blog I've ever read. I really want to get together next week so plan on it!

Kent and Leisy said...

I loved it :) you are great emk. one of my favorite people!

Related Posts with Thumbnails