Monday, December 10, 2007

Pour Me A Glass Of Wine

No, actually, how about I just take the whole bottle...

I have a lot of ground to cover today. It's been a while since I have posted anything of worth. Unless, of course, those 'crayon surveys' count for something. With everything going on lately I have been neglecting my blog. I hope I didn't disappoint my two readers. Life just gets hectic and I haven't had anything to blog about.

Well, I think I was able to take some decent pictures of the tumor. I have labeled it for your convenience. You might have to make it larger to see what is going on. Let's just say this little guy is causing a lot of problems. I met with the neurosurgeon this past Thursday and I am for sure going to have surgery. The good man has been gracious enough to spare my cruise (which I shall remind you all is in 23 days) so hopefully it'll be taking place at the beginning of the new year. While nice, my doctor is one expensive bloke! It cost me $225 just to talk with the man for 20 minutes. Josh and I calculated that to be almost 12 bucks a minute! That's just on office visits! We aren't talking surgery or all that other fun stuff they charge you for. Like turning on the lights to look at your films, doing that awkward balance test (which I failed) and asking you a slew of personal questions. I am sure it will be at least 21 bucks per question. If he makes 12 bucks a minute, that means he makes over 1.5 million bucks a year on office visits ALONE! I had better look insanely hot and lose a lot of weight once it comes out. If not, he gets the bill. Can you 'dine 'n' dash' on surgery?

Next item of business, and I think this might shock most of you...I put up a Christmas tree. Yes, yes, I, Kenna Scrooge McScrooge Burger Meister Meister Burger put up a Christmas tree. Granted it's only 3 feet tall (there has to be some compromise somewhere) but still, I think Josh is really happy about it. I did it for him. He has had to deal with me and my tumor riddled personality, and that is NOT easy ladies and gentlemen. It's about time I do something for him. Honestly, he is the reasons I do or don't do things. It's always for Josh. We also decorated some sugar cookies a couple Sunday's ago. They were quite festive! I even bought some Christmas cookie cutters. My Grandma always used to make the most AMAZING cookies for Christmas. It's sad she can't anymore, but that is one tradition I would like to continue. Yes, I know, there has to be something wrong with my brain. I am putting up Christmas trees, making Christmas cookies, I even listened to Josh Groban's new cd 'Noel' (courtesy of Ashely Warner) yesterday. Tubby needs to come out STAT before this gets out of hand...but I will admit...I make a mean sugar cookie. That is, again, thanks to my Grandma. She is a sugar cookie genius! Now if I can just find our stockings...

Here is a reminder for everyone. Like I said earlier in the post, our cruise is only 23 DAYS AWAY! I also thought I would remind everyone where we are going. I can't do it justice by trying to describe it so I figured I would just post a picture or two. This first picture is of Ochos Rios, Jamaica. (It's all inclusive I might add. Michael Scott would be jealous) Here we are going an excursion called 'Dunns River Falls.' It's supposed to be a most amazing hike topped off with beautiful waterfalls that you can play in. See those most lovely waterfalls? We get to swim in those!!! I really can't wait. We both need a vacation and I really need some sunlight...and a sun tan. I can't believe that last time I posted about it my countdown was at 5 months! We depart January 4th and we fly to Miami, Florida. We will stay the night in Miami (I'm singing the Will Smith song in my head...) and then we board our ship Jan 5th. Let's just say I'm going to sit by the pool and get wasted I mean...sun burnt...all day. Another thing that excites me about the cruise is the fact that the food is free. Why does this excite me? Because I have never tried lobster or king crab before. I am not a huge fan of seafood, but I figure since I don't have to pay, I'll give it a whirl This way if I think it's absolutely disgusting I can throw it away and not feel bad.

That's all for now my fellow bloggers. I hope this has been an adequate update on what is going down here at the Shumway household. I am still fat, I still have a tumor, and we are still going on a cruise.

*I want you all to notice how I transposed Ashley's name up in the second paragraph. I have been doing this quite often lately. Not only in my typing, but in my speech as well! I can't get anything to come out right! I think taht is the only one I didn't catch...

**Okay, so in the first (*) I did it again...

***Sorry for all my spelling and grammatical errors. I posted this 12 hours ago and I am still finding errors. Sheesh. So much for that minor in English..,

10 comments:

Lindz said...

So I am so excited(and extremely jealous) that your cruise is coming up so soon! It looks like it will be amazing. I really think that you should come hang out with me and Sadie on Wed. after work. I would come to you but I don't have a car during the day (long story).

Geoff & Cali said...

Great post McKenna. :)

Kent and Leisy said...

Oh my. I love the picture of tubby. wow. and I am so glad that you get to still do the cruise thing! and I cannot believe the tree and cookies! will you make me those cookies? I'm so excited to see you in ONE WEEK! and you better be going to the ward party on the 20th. i'll get on im to talk to you if I am home today. I have SO much to do before we leave. I have holiday anxiety bad.

Ash said...

Ist all rigth taht you mess worsd up sometiems. We all do ti. Like, you said, we should all get tested for a tumro.

Kristen said...

What's crappening, hot stuff? Yea for cruising! You do need a vacation. And a tan. Seriously, last time I saw you you were almost as pale as me, and that's just scary.

Erin said...

How fun to visit paradise in the middle of winter! Very strategic!!!

Cody and Rachelle said...

When you buy your wine don't forget to invite me over so that we can have a drink together! I wouldn't want to be left out.

Josh & Kenna said...

Lindsey: Yes, I'll be there Wednesday!

Leisy: Yes, I'll make you cookies. No, I will not be attending the ward party. Are you kidding me?

Ash: You have a tumor.

Kristen: I go tanning...um...will go tanning...

Erin: It was more a strategy of making you all jealous...

Rachelle: My house, Friday night, bring your best glasses...(all mine are plastic and we can't drink wine from plastic cups!)

The Loyo Family said...

I like your tree! You guys will have so much fun on the cruise, it will be so warm i bet. We are way jealous. Did you finish the Twilight book yet?

Amanda said...

Thank You for writing, I am one of your favorite readers! And Love the cookies, do you need any taste testers?

Related Posts with Thumbnails