Friday, August 1, 2008

{...sabbatical...}

A week and a half doesn't seem long enough. As my pal Ash put it, I'm really so burned out of blogging.

Be that as it may, I was told to give the people what they want and the people want to hear more of my disturbed musings on life. Perhaps that makes all of you who read slightly disturbed too? No matter, we open our arms to crazy here.

I need to say thanks to all of you who commented (and perhaps those who didn't as well, I mean, you DO still read the blog, right?) and I encourage you to do it more often. I'm truly overwhelmed by the response I got. You are my blog cheerleaders. If any of you can come up with a good cheer, you'll win a prize. No really, so get composin'.

This past Tuesday Josh and I celebrated our anniversary. Talk about wedded bliss. Actually, I'm sure that the past 2 years have been everything we DIDN'T expect from marriage. Oh well, I suppose a 'Hooray' is in order considering we aren't divorced. It seems these days people are claiming 'irreconcilable differences' before the ink on their marriage licenses dry. Please, all of you admire my in shape body and my beautiful, not falling out hair. I will have to admit that I didn't know what I was looking for in life until I met Josh. I thought I was complete but little did I know that he was going to heal and soothe my soul and complete more in me than I ever thought possible. It's been a hard couple years, but I am a firm believer in the fact that I couldn't do this without Josh, so he's just gonna have to take that up with God if he's mad about our more than overwhelming first couple years. He is the most patient and caring person I know, and I'm glad that I'm the one who gets to bleed him dry of those assets. I wouldn't have it any other way.


Nothing else has really happened in the past couple weeks. I have spent the days like I normally do. This includes sleeping, eating, drinking the occasional coke, sleeping some more, watching 'Clean House' and 'So You Think You Can Dance' (When Chelsie got the axe last night, I wanted to puke. Oh the injustice!) and stepping outside for the occasional social hour and big booty tournament. I know, right? My life is too much.

I admit I haven't been feeling the best the past couple of weeks. With the festering infection I have reeking havoc in my sinus' and the emotional pain I've been experiencing with the ever present 'infertility raincloud' looming over my head I feel as if I need a week to sleep it off. It's like I got drunk off being overwhelmed and now I have one hell of a hangover. This could also be the reason I'm wearing my sunglasses inside.

Lastly, a little 'shout out' to my homies (Warners, Horrocks, De Souzas) that are leaving me this weekend. I admit, I'm still a little miffed at you guys for abandoning me, but I guess you deserve a big 'Congrats!' for getting the H-E-Double-Hockey-Sticks out of here.

Before I head out, here is Chelsie's last routine. I enjoy the hip hop routines especially when choreographed by Tabitha and Napolean. Really, it's just wrong that she's gone. Courtney isn't half the dancer she is. (Look at me, getting all emotional about this...)



Until next time...

10 comments:

Kristen said...

I'm the first comment! I win!
Hmmmm.... now for a cheer...

"Oh, Kenna, you're so fine! You're so fine you blow my mind! Hey Kenna!"

No, that was lame. How about...

"Kenna writes a blog!
What rhymes with blog is... frog."

Damnit.

Okay, third time's the charm:

"Who writes the coolest blog there is?
(It's Kenna! *clap clap*
Hey Kenna! *clap clap*)
About her life and all its shiz?
(It's Kenna! *clap clap*
Hey Kenna! *clap clap*)
Who keeps the masses entertained
With stories of her damaged brain?
(It's Kenna! *clap clap*
Hey Kenna! *clap clap)

Nailed it.

Cali said...

Leona Lewis looks like a man.

Sayin' nothin' 'bout how *I* look.

Steph said...

Huh- I'll have to think on that cheer thing. :) In the meantime, thanks for the SYTYCD posts... I've been completely out of the loop since I came out here. Sad!
Congrats on your 2nd anniversary! I can't believe it's already been so long... and how much has happened in that time. Y'all have had more than your share of "challenges" for those first couple of years, and I can't tell you enough how much I admire you and Josh for pulling through it. You both have amazing faith, patience, and just enough twisted humor to survive it all. ;) Here's to the next two years being heaven on earth for you and Josh... you deserve it! I love you!

The Wendler Family said...

Happy anniversary! More and more couples don't even make it that far without everything you and JOsh have been through. You two should be proud. :)
I am totally jealous that so many people read your blog. No one reads my blog and even less people leave comments on my posts. Lets face it though, you are an amazing writter and person so it is enjoyable to read what is going on in your life. Hope that sinus infection goes away so you can enjoy the smell of fresh air!

lauren said...

so this is what you do when i'm not online... te hee. remember when i came to your reception? i'm such a great friend. ;)

i think i'm gonna go another week without blogging.

Ashley said...

You know, I never pinned you for a SYTYCD fan. Funny. I figured you'd be more into like, Boston Legal or Discovery Health or something. The mysticism of Kenna continues.

Jennif said...

I love Courtney! I voted for her sooo many times. But I think either Katee or Joshua have this one.

The Corbetts said...

Sad we all moved out. You now have all the power you tell those people how to park and to get out of your spot or your going to water there car. (They'll have water spots on their car they can't get off. hehe)
We'll we will still come visit till you get out of there, and we'll be waiting till you make the move up to pocatello Idaho. by us :)

Necia and Joe Shumway said...

Yay for anniversaries!!!!! it's just that much longer that we be stuck together!!! eternity never ends I guess :)

Kelda said...

I can't believe your book got stuck! So much for preordering huh? You're very patient! I woulda freaked out hahaha. I finished it and really liked it but I guess a lot of people don't, so oh well. I do though :) You'll have to let me know what you think!

Related Posts with Thumbnails