Friday, October 31, 2008

{...the ride of my life...}

2 years ago today my life changed.

Forever.

Little did I know that those 2 lines on that blasted pee stick would mean so much more than I had previously pondered. Perhaps I should have kept that pee stick so I could have snapped it in half on one of my bad days. I think that would have made me feel better.

Anyhoo, enough with my anger issues...

I remember when I found out. I remember because I freaked out, and not in the way you would expect. I then proceeded to take at least 5 more tests, all of which confirmed that I was knocked up. As I look back I wish I would have bought the generic brands of pg tests. I could have saved some extra cash, but you know me and my OCD, I had to be SURE.

My mind raced as I thought of how this could potentially ruin my (and Studly's) life. We were just married, had 103 years of school left, we were poor, we weren't established, I wanted more school, I wanted a nicer car, I wanted to be older, wiser, more fit to be a mother. (Mom, how did you do it?!)

If I only had a clue of what was to come. I would have cherished that moment because it would be my one and only.

Hindsight is always 20/20, right?

6 comments:

lauren said...

isn't it interesting how hindsight gives us the clarity that we initially are so devoid of? you think, if i could just go back and change my thinking, change my attitude. but i guess if we were able to do that, we wouldn't be the people we are today and the people we will become tomorrow.

thanks again for the chocula/twix fix. you have no idea how much it brightened my day.

Scott & Ashley Cooper said...

Ouch. I can't begin to imagine your pain, but I appreciate your straightforward approach. It really makes me think harder about things. I'm sending a virtual hug to you. **HUG**

justine said...

Like Ashley said, I can't imagine your pain and all that you have gone through. You are a pretty amazing gal though and I think that's pretty neat. Sometimes hindsight can be a big pain in the butt, but all we can do is continue to live and learn and hopefully learn to live again. love you.

Skyler and Chelsea said...

Kenna I love you and I'm so glad you txd me the other day. I didn't reply till late because my mother in law called me and talked for a while. I do want to do lunch. How does this next week sound?

Tasha said...

Hope you had a good Halloween. Me and Rog are the ones that put those cookies on your porch when you got "Spooked"!. We were thinking about you guys. Hope you got them! :)

Kristin said...

I love your blog and have added it to my list of blogs I read.

I've been thinking a lot about the fact that it was last November that I was told I should stop trying to have a biological child. That was a hard day - my sister was visiting with her twins. I think I'll blog about it soon.

Related Posts with Thumbnails