Thursday, November 6, 2008

{...brain waves...}

Lyrics Edition...

*POOF*


Deep within I'm shaking by the violence of existing.

How many times can I break till I shatter? Over the line can't define what I'm after.

I am finding out that maybe I was wrong. That I've fallen down and I can't do this alone.

Those you’ve known and lost, still walk behind you. All alone, their song still seems to find you. They call you as if you knew their longing. They whistle through the lonely wind, the long blue shadows falling.

Because when I arrive I bring the fire. Make you come alive, I can take you higher. What is this, forgot? I must now remind you...

I've been walking in the same way as I did and missing out the cracks in the pavement. And tutting my heal and strutting my feet. I ain't lost, just wandering.

Cast me gently into morning for the night has been unkind. Take me to a place so holy that I can wash this from my mind. The memory of choosing not to fight.

What if I told you your tears haven't been ignored. And everything that is taken can be restored.

I still haven't found what I'm looking for.

They call kids like us vicious and carved out of stone but for what we've become. We just feel more alone, always weigh what I've got against what I left. So progress report: I am missing you to death.

My thoughts you can't decode.

Things keep comin', I keep wonderin', I start feeling the walls close in. Things keep comin', I keep stumblin', I'm starting to feel strong enough to break.

Baby I've been here before. I've seen this room and I've walked this floor. I used to live alone before I knew you. I've seen your flag on the marble arch. Love is not a victory march. It's a cold and it's a broken Hallelujah.

So I turned the radio on, I turned the radio up and this woman was singing my song. The lover's in love and the other's run away. Lover is crying 'cause the other won't stay. Some of us hover when we weep for the other who was dying since the day they were born.

I don't know what I've done. Or if I like what I've begun. Something told me to run and honey, you know me it's all or none.

We carry on our backs the burden time always reveals. In the lonely light of morning, in the wound that would not heal. It's the bitter taste of losing everything that I've held so dear.

4 comments:

lauren said...

great sarah m lines. and i think it's lovely you're such a lyric queen. it's a very insightful way to explain our emotions and thoughts through a unique medium.

Jen Nelson said...

Favorite post ever. I can relate to so many of those lines.

The Wendler Family said...

What a great idea. Super interesting to read. I know I'm out of the music scene right now, when I don't recognize alot of those line. Even still, very poetic.

The VerNooy's said...

I love this! I can totally relate!!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails