Wednesday, December 17, 2008

{...i'm feeling medicated...}

I have been on hold for 7 Christmas songs now.

All I want to do is order some cheesecakes. To give you people business! Why won't you pick up the phone? I don't want to be one of those jack a's that keep calling back saying, 'Um, so I've been on hold for 7 Christmas songs and seriously, just want to order some 750 calorie per slice cheese cakes. Oh, and yes, I'd like the biggest ones you've got.'

'Tis the Season.

Or whatever.

Now, I won't lie. Winter doesn't really bring out my 'good side.' I know what you're thinking, 'McKenna has a good side?!' Check in when Summer hits and you'll see a whole different me.

Christmas is hard for me to handle, as is the first week of the new year. Lots of memories, thoughts on where I thought we would be, where we are, where we want to be. The pain of tacking up another year on the cork board, trying to let the year take away the pain of what we have lost, what we have been through.

Life makes me feel like I'm taking crazy pills sometimes.

4 comments:

lauren said...

cheesecakes from the factory of cheesecakes? how lame of them.

and of course of you have good side. your bad one's not as bad as you think anyway.

thanks for helping me get my pf fix for awhile. i think i might wait until i'm in st. george to patron the restaurant again. maybe.

oh yeah, i love your guts.

Katie said...

750 per slice...that's when you know it's good!

The other day I saw a portable light therapy box on sale. I thought of you and your dream of owning one.

Kayla said...

Where is this cheesecake from?

lauren said...

and ps, i have no idea why my typing was so wack in my first comment. i meant to say "and of course you have a good side."

just me and my ocd needing to clarify.

Related Posts with Thumbnails