Saturday, January 24, 2009

{...say a prayer but let the good times roll...}

I want these words to make things right, but it's the wrongs that make the words come to life.

Confession: I am not perfect.

I know, right? Seriously, who would have thought. I proudly admit it, however, because Oprah says I need to be more honest with myself. So here's to honesty, and Oprah, and crazy pills, because it sure as hell feels like I'm taking them by the bottle.

By the bottle people!

I admit, I have been disappointed in myself lately. I have done and said things in the heat of the moment. Although here's the catch, I totally meant them. I just probably could have said them nicer and more coherently. I don't think I should blame it all on the medications but, seriously, these medications!

I also know I can be a jerk. Who hasn't been a time or two, or two thousand right? Should I work on it? Sure, and it will probably be on my 'list of things to work on' for the rest of my life. We all have our vices.

Oh, and just to add a little spice to this seemingly boring post, apparently I have a fan. Sure, the majority of you won't know what this is about. (basically I told people not to bitch and moan for the next four years, give the PRESIDENT a little respect, and that if you want to see REAL corruption, head over to Africa ((thanks Lalli)) and you will see what a REAL screwed up government is like...hmmm, like my mom says, NEVER talk politics with in laws)

Here is what he has to say. Names have been changed to protect myself from more drama. Also, punctuation and grammar has been fixed so I don't slit my wrists. Superfluous commas!

'Hey, McKenna, Van here! How's it going? Wow, I don't think I have heard of anyone that is as close to the devil as you. I could come up with some examples to back up my conviction, but I don't think the world needs to hear such evil things. You know from your point of view I can definitely see why you worship, I mean uh, back up this anti-Christ. Now, either you have something stuck way up your 'you know what,' or you're just one pathetic girl. I can't see why someone like you just loves to attack people for no flipping reason. You really need to start thinking about letting people live without you in THEIR business. Especially when you are the one with the problems and others don't need to bear them with you! Have a Wonderful day!'

No wait, there is more...

'Ha ha! Wow! You gotta love this girl! You don't even know what you're talking about! What the crap does Africa have to do with how you treat people? Wow, that's kind of pathetic if you ask well, anyone! You tell me to grow up cause I tell you to grow up and treat people with a little respect. Well, whatever floats your boat. And for one, I never called you an anti-Christ so that's two things already that you're wrong with. Eesh girl, grow some common sense. You could sure use some.'

My dream has come true. I have ALWAYS wanted to be called the devil. Oh, and 'Van' must have saw my 'Obama Shrine.' Ahhhhh snap.

Oh, and have I mentioned that only Lalli and I can say 'Eesh?'

Eesh.
***p.s. mass texting doesn't count'***

23 comments:

Trent and Janel Lyman said...

WHAT! That "Van" is WACKED! She's got some serious issues of her own, sounds to me she needs to step off her self-righteous box and get a life, maybe one a little more Christ-like! If ever someone was just a little off on who Christ was it's this "Van," afterall, isn't He the one who taught us to "bear one anothers burdens."

As for as calling YOU the devil, what the HELL! I for sure don't see it that way. You are right, you're not perfect. Last time I checked NO ONE IS. That is why we are here, striving to do what is right, doesn't mean we are going to do it all the time, we cannot.

I'm really fired up right now.

I will say this...Kenna, you are one of the kindest people I know. Always thinking of others and how you help them.

And one more thing...as for this "anti-Christ" she refers to. Obama. I for one don't want to see him fail. I don't agree with everything he does, but he is the leader of MY country. Why would I wish for him to fail. That would mean that my country fails. Instead of attacking him, how about praying for him, that he will be lead to make the right decisions. He has a HUGE job to do, one I sure as hell don't even begin to admit knowing how to do, so kudos to him. He's doing what he think is best to help us ALL live a better life. Give him a chance! Who knows, maybe he'll be amazing.

Okay...did I mention I'm all fired up?! I'm done now.

Trent and Janel Lyman said...

Go here, and read what LDS church leaders have to say about Obama.

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=5383626

Kelda said...

I can't believe someone would say something like that to you. It bugs me cause it's your blog so you can say whatever you want, they don't have to read it. You're a strong women Kenna, I'd be crying lol.

Lisa said...

So, this post makes me laugh a little bit. Is that horrible? I love you Mckenna! Call me anytime! Oh, and don't worry, I won't say Eesh!

Ash-face and J-pants said...

Ha ha ha this is exactly what I was talking about. People who take the time to make comments like that on peoples blogs kill me. They don't even know you but they feel it their personal mission to "call you out" or something.
Well I'm glad you came out of the stalker closet because now I get to stalk your blog. And I can't believe you still have the donkey/dog picture. I completely forgot about that. But I guess it would be silly to throw such a great piece of art away.

Wahines in Bikinis said...

I have always thought you have a slight resemblance to the devil..maybe it's your red eyes or horns or something.

I love when people resort to name calling-ha I got called a Nazi youth for supporting my congressman. It just makes you know that those people are so much better than you because they pass such sound judgment.

Those things are hurtful and condescending-and well whoever "van" really is, he's probably more perfectly described himself than anyone else.

Good luck. Why do you have all the fun?

lauren said...

it is true that we are the only ones allowed to say eesh. i invented it after all. and these comments are even better (or should i say worse) than the ones you shared with me yesterday.

i'm sorry you have to deal with this, but i reiterate my previous advice of simply ignoring such idiocy. because no matter what you say, or how right you truly are, people like this will always say you're wrong. you don't need to be around such negative energy.

Cali said...

HA ha. Good grief. Just remember that Van's comments are good for a laugh, and nothing else.

Jess said...

I totally agree with the first comment. He's been elected, there's nothing we can really do to change that now, so instead of complain about it, why don't you put your energies into praying for him.

McKenna, I love that you post things like this on your blog, this person is the one with something up their ass, not you. This is your blog and you have the right to say what you want. And if you're the devil, then we're all the devil because you are a really good person. I look up to you in a lot of ways. I really love how they talk about you being in other peoples business, because what exactly do they think they are doing? Anyway, I love ya Kenna, I hope you're just laughing this off and realizing people can be idiots (I know you know that already).

I lova ya Kenna!!

The De Souzas said...

Craaaaap. I can't believe I didn't realize you were the devil. Thank goodness Van the archangel has revealed the truth. Better go update your Facebook status.

SDL said...

You don't have to go as far as Africa to see what a real screwed up government is like. Just look at the last eight years of ours.

Shannon said...

Am loving your new header. You should go into business. Only you, Kenna, could look that beautiful passed out with all of those coke bottles ;). And wow. Drama with the fans.

Jen Nelson said...

I have to disagree with most of the comments you have received. I want to aplode "Van" for overcoming an obvious mental handicap probably caused by inbreeding and figuring out how to use the internet! Way to go "Van"!

In all seriousness - anyone that calls someone the devil is messed up. I didn't know there was something wrong with respecting our elected officials? Do I agree with everything he stands for? Of course not! But isn't there a commandment that talks about obeying the law of the land? I think respecting the President of the United States would fall under that...

If you don't want to stop bitching about it feel free to move to Canada, eh!

Chad & Angela Nuttall said...

WOW!!!! I knew there were stupid people out there but...WOW!! There is so much I want to say about that, and yet...I'm speechless!!!!!

You're awesome! Thanks for being who you are!!

Jack and Daynalee said...

HaHa. Gotta love the Obama haters. Seriously? My husband's aunt sent him an email during the election telling him that she was concerned for his soul because we are Obama supporters and by expressing our opinions we were "leading people astray" just like Alma the Younger. Nice! Aren't people such idiots. Seriously. I hate people.

The De Souzas said...

#1: I LOVE your banner. I've been spending the last five minutes holding my laptop up to my face so I can read every word on your sticky notes. (Paulo was like, "WHAT are you doing?")

#2: I was just on my "status updates" page in facebook, reading through my friends' statuses, and I had to laugh because of this:

"McKenna Shumway is the devil.

Becky Tunnell Veatch is not."

Lisa said...

Mckenna, I love, Love, LOVE your new header! That is art! You are a woman of so many talents, it is astounding!

Kristin said...

I'm shocked that someone thinks it's okay to respond to a blog that way. I always knew you were the devil, but would have never put it in writing on your blog (j/k!). Seriously though, what nerve. Like my dad says, every ward and every neighborhood has a few nut jobs. I guess every blog has them as well.

I also love the new header (and read all the post its). Do you make it in photoshop or something and then post it as an image? My header has been the same boring thing forever. It needs some spicing up.

Well, enjoy the warmth in hell while the rest of us freeze our butts off.

Val'n'Ben said...

Yo Jen...

D&C 134 and the 12th AofF are great places to look.

Verse 6. We believe that every man should be honored in his station, rulers and magistrates as such, being placed for the protection of the innocent and the punishment of the guilty; and that to the laws all men show respect and deference, as without them peace and harmony would be supplanted by anarchy and terror...

It is both fortunate and unfortunate that our government gives to each, even those with whom I disagree, the right to express his/her views. They're fortunate to be able to express dissenting views, and I'm fortunate enough to be able to make fun of them.

Kent and Leisy said...

super cool new header! but I have a question- does that coke sticky note say "pay off the coke" or "stay off the coke"? and how insane about this van person. People like that kinda make life a little more exciting in a terribly obnoxious and annoying way. Bring on the controversy, huh? you know I thrive on it sometimes. It's one of my weaknesses :)

Jen Nelson said...

Thanks Val! I was waaayy to lazy to look that up!

Rich and Kellie said...

you're header is honestly the coolest thing I've seen in SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO long.... i'm not joking... it's brilliant....i heart you.

Heather said...

Wow, McKenna. Val told me about this whole political commenting incident, but it is so much better to actually read it.

What the????

I pretty much agree with what everyone else says.

Seriously, people and their kids.

So, I love your header. That is honestly the most original, creative, cool blog header I have ever seen.

And since now I know you're the devil I might be a little bit more hesitant to go anywhere with you again. But it was cool to see you in real life.

Related Posts with Thumbnails