Saturday, February 21, 2009

{...dear anonymous...}

So, thanks for your comment on my 'get bent' post.

I feel so bad that your father has the same condition. The pain I have been in for the past week has been, well, I can't explain it. I am so sorry that the surgeries haven't helped. I have had people ask how I deal with the pain, and the bottom line is, there is nothing you can do. I tank out on narcotics and cry myself to sleep. I completely understand why it's called, 'The Suicide Disease.' I almost made Josh take me to the ER so I could get a shot of something, anything to help...or for them to just put me out of my misery.

I am on neur.ontin, and it has done wonders. Although I am told that it will eventually stop working, and I'll have to move on to the next medication.

I don't even know you either, but I like you. Tell your dad that I'll keep him in my prayers. I don't know if it'll help, but it's worth a try maybe?

Kenna

5 comments:

Tina said...

Hey McKenna! Have I told you that I love your blog!I wish I could be totally honest...say exactly how I feel when I feel it. There are too many "I'm so perfect" blogs. Thanks...you've helped me to want to try to be more "real"...does that make any sense? Hope you're well! Talk to ya later!

Kent and Leisy said...

I am so bugged that I keep missing these "give away" posts by people. But- I keep forgetting to ask- I want you to make me a header. that will make me feel better about not winning your contest.

Kent and Leisy said...

p.s. just a totally random question cause I want to know- does your face always hurt or does it come in waves for periods of time?

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your post. You will be in my prayers too. I believe in the power of prayer. My dad has been taking Tegratol but says that it doesn't always help and that there are some side effects. I'm glad the medication you are taking "does wonders." Do you think you will eventually need surgery? I'm sure surgery is the last thing you want to consider, seeing how you've had numerous surgeries recently. (yeah, I've been reading your blog for awhile. Consider me your #1 fan/stalker.) Don't commit suicide though, okay? Okay? :)

Kenna said...

Surgery has been in the back of my mind, but for now I am just tanking out on meds. I have been told that I should look into it eventually, as the meds will quit working one day. By 'does wonders' I mean I don't wake up at 4am wanting to slit my wrists and pull out all my teeth. I do have pain still at times and of course the side effects. Then again, I'll take it, because that pain, as I'm sure your dad can attest to, is the most horrible thing ever.

I feel honored to have a #1 stalked. I have always wanted one. Really...

One day I'll make you tell me who you are though...:)

Related Posts with Thumbnails