Thursday, April 23, 2009

{...little people...}

My heart is tied to these families.

I can't explain why these Little's hold such a powerful effect on me. I have held many Little's (some even slightly against my will), been around many Little's, but the majority of the time I don't feel whole and calm, I feel like my arms are on fire.

Some Little's, however, are special to me.

I love these Little's like they are my own. Their families have let me into their lives which means more to me than I can ever explain. When my heart feels like it's breaking, cuddling sweet Maya, or taking a Sunday nap (during RS) with Andrew helps me work through those feelings. Hearing Hanna cry when I leave the room (I can't help it, it's quite adorable) or seeing Carter run up to my car when I get home from work makes my heart happy. Hanging up pictures that India painted me reminds me that I have the opportunity to impact these Little's lives.

This makes all the difference.

Miss Maya

India

Carter

Andrew

Hanna*thank you Val, for inspiring this post. some little's not mentioned*



10 comments:

Trent and Janel Lyman said...

Aahhh, I love it! What cute kids you have, they are SO SO lucky to have you in their lives. You are so good to them and they love you both so much.

Lisa said...

What beautiful little kids! I'm glad they are there to give you comfort!

Jamie said...

These are some cuties. And you are right. You are very much blessed with the opportunity to impact their lives, and who knows how many other lives out there. Hold on to the good feelings these "Littles" bring to you. Btw, LOVE the term "littles." Flip'n cute. :)

The Wendler Family said...

What cute kids! They are lucky to have you in their lives too. :) What a blessing!

lauren said...

love this post. these are very special littles, indeed. for a very special kenna. (ok, that admittedly was a bit cheesy. but it's early ok?)

blakeandcourt said...

They are adorable! I want to get to know them because they are so dang cute! You are lucky to have them in your life.

Erin said...

You spoil our girls. They eat up the attention you give them. And you've turned our India into a starving artist. ;) So don't be going anywhere, ok?

serenity said...

I found that at my worst, spending time with littles like these were my salvation. Because it made me remember what it was ABOUT, you know? Not "beating" whatever it was that was wrong with me. It was about loving a child.

I'm glad you have that, too.
xxx

Eric & Jodi Eames said...

You are awsome Kenna you have definatly impacted my life...and I'm FAR from being little!!! I don't have any littles of my own and it has changed my life for the better to let some of these littles into my heart they are so precious and close to God and inspire me to be a better person. Some how they instill hope for a better and more whole world. I guess we just gotta take those small precious moments as they come and cherish them and hold them close to our hearts when they shatter and threaten to break and never mend. There is hope. I luv ya...even though you never my crippled home!! JK!!

Stephanie said...

These kids are adorable!! Special kiddos for sure...

Related Posts with Thumbnails