Sunday, May 17, 2009

...two/four...

I am sitting in front of the mirror, waiting to see the twinkle in my eye as I make the transition into a new year of life. I'm trying hard not to blink...

My Mom asked me why I was so excited for another birthday. I told her that the mere fact that I have survived another year merits a celebration. Plus, I am always trying to find an excuse to eat cake. Lots of cake.

I am feeling very overwhelmed. I am a lucky 24 year old. So many people took time to make me feel special today. Calls from friends in Montana and Hawaii. A slew of thoughtful text messages. Visits from wonderful neighbors and friends who came bearing wonderful gifts of chocolate, coke, and itunes. Packages full of music and touching words. Comments from all you Readers. Pals who, even with a last minute invitation, came to Joe's Crab Shack to eat some delicious grub.

I am blessed.

As the sun sets on my 23rd year of life, and rises on my 24th, I feel a renewed sense of hope. It's just a small spec, but I have needed a sunrise for quite sometime.

Muchos Grassyass to all of you.

Is that the phone? Hello 24, I've been awaiting your call...


Image and video hosting by TinyPic

11 comments:

Jamie said...

You certainly do deserve a sunrise. I'll be praying that the renewed sense of hope you were talking about lasts all year. Happy Birthday and much love to one BA friend!

Roger and Tasha said...

Hey! Happy belated Birthday! How did you break your leg or foot? I work for a foot dr. who did you see?

lauren said...

hope you had the loveliest day possible. 24 has been a great year for me and i hope that it treats you as well, if not better!

Robin said...

Happy B day pal! Didn't know you were a spring chicken like me LOL
Anywhere WHY CAN'T I FIND THE LINK TO YOUR SCRAPPITY BOOKIN' SITE? You had some awesome links on there...whaaaaaa! Where did it go?

Alli said...

What a fabulous attitude. Birthdays inevitably come and go, but most people get hang up on the numbers or something. I say come what may (birthdays always do) and eat cake! Happy Birthday!

blakeandcourt said...

Happy Birthday! Glad it was a good one!

Zach and Cristi Benedict said...

Happy Birthday woman! You deserve a good birthday cake eating!

Jess said...

Happy Birthday McKenna!! I love ya

~Jessica

Lindz said...

Happy Birthday Kenna!! Sorry I'm so behind! Love ya!

Ashley said...

Happy happy birthday friend. Keep on rockin.

Kelda said...

Happy Late Birthday. Been away from internet for a while! Hope it was a good one!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails