Friday, September 4, 2009

...fresh courage take...

Did I happen to mention our adoption papers are turned in?

Did I also mention that I cried the whole way home after dropping them off?

Not the reaction I expected.

I was so overwhelmed in every way you could think of. Every emotion possible was coursing through my veins and I finally had to let it out. I was happy (they are turned in!), frustrated (no one from the 'adoption team' was there to take the papers, so I handed them into the secretary in HOPES that the stack of money, papers, ss cards, my entire life, etc would make it into the right hands), sad (that it has to be this hard), excited (we are on our way to becoming parents before we're 30), scared (what if it doesn't happen for us?).

This list could go on per infinity.

BUT, they are in, and now we move forward. Hopefully we'll be in touch with our case worker soon, we can get our home study completed, our background checks come back clean (I think they should), you know, all that jazz. We are ready.

Bring. It. ON.

This morning I was perusing estsy.com (love love this website) and I noticed that mrs. r has put more of her scrumptious designs up for sale in her etsy shop. I could not help myself. I picked up these two beauties this morning. There is nothing I need more than courage and a miracle at this point in my life. Did you know that all proceeds go to help pay for her little mans adoption/legal fees? I'm all in for that. You should be too. This woman is simply amazing, and her little's are the most adorable little's I have ever seen. Go take a look, eh?






Image and video hosting by TinyPic

13 comments:

Erin said...

congrats! we're on this journey with you for all the bumps and joys.

lauren said...

i'm so excited for you. my brain's too fried to think of anything else to say at the moment... my apologies. :)

Jen Nelson said...

Congrat's babe!! I am so excited for you!

I understand that range of emotions. Crazy how they can all hit you at once!

You rock!!

The Wendler Family said...

Kenna, this is HUGE! Way to go girl. You did it!
So excited for you! Like I said before, it will happen! Your little baby could be in the making as we speak. :)

Ashley Cooper said...

Ooh, I'm so excited for you!!!

Stacy Stoddard said...

from one that has embarked this adoption journey twice to all of you on it currently. Good Luck! the emotional roller coaster continues for a little while longer.

this will be the most AMAZING thing you will ever experience. I can say your life will never be the same and you will never look at motherhood as you had dreamed it would be....It WILL be BETTER.

justine said...

that is so awesome!

Sam and Lacey said...

Good Job! That is such a big step to take. Hang in there. Stay postitive. Let me know if you have any questions. I would love to help you. I have done TONS of research.

Kristin said...

Good luck! Adoption can be as frustrating as infertility at times, so let me know if you need to vent (been there...).

I am just waiting for Sep. 11 when mrs. r goes back to court. I hope it works out for her. I can't imagine how stressful it must be for them.

Jewls said...

Yay Kenna they're in!! Congrats! We're waiting on our background checks too..we can wait together!! Good luck with everything, you're awesome!!

Jamie said...

Good luck, friend. Those necklaces are pretty sweet. Good taste, good taste.

Jack and Daynalee said...

I'm so happy for you Kenna! This is going to be amazing. You are going to be an amazing mother! Good Luck!

TIM&SHAN said...

You are going to be an amazing mother Kenna. i am so excited for you and your husband;) I know it sounds weird since we have never met but I feel almost like i know you and are on the journey with you;) Adoption is one of the most unselfish acts that anyone can do. I am so excited for you, maybe one day we can meet and let our adopted kids play together!!! HEE HEE;) you are so strong and inspire me!!!! say Hi to Kelly for me;)

Related Posts with Thumbnails