Tuesday, October 6, 2009

...grant me a nap...

I think it's official. You know, like official official.

I am losing my mind.  (Ignore the ample evidence of this theory found here, here, here oh, and possibly all this)

Right now I am propped up in bed watching 'Garfield: Season One.'  (Yes, I own all of the seasons, right now I'm learning that breaking the law is bad.  The example they gave was ripping the tag off a mattress.)  I also found it necessary to take some ny.quill.  You know, because I really would like to sleep tonight.  In the past week or so I've averaged about 4 solid hours a night.  Now, I'm not a sleep expert, but that seems a little on the low side.  It's grating on my nerves.

Sleep deprivation causes some serious side effects.

(1) I'm cranky

(2) I talk too much

(3) I sound crazy

(4) I act crazy

(5) Did I mention I'm cranky?

Anyone out there have any good sleep remedies?

What do you do to help yourself catch some zzz's?






Image and video hosting by TinyPic

7 comments:

TIM&SHAN said...

Honestly even though I have no motivation at all.. and most days i really would just stay in bed and stare at the ceiling if I could.... WALKING helps me soo much to calm my nerves and get out anxiety. Take a walk with your studdly before you ae gonna go to bed if you can that will help. OTHER than that..hhmmm the only thing that has helped me is over the counter sleeping pills. Those knock me out quick...
I guess it all depends on the reason why you arent sleeping. If its anxiety maybe an anti-anxiety pill??? Thats usually why I cant sleep.. i am anxiety ridden some nights..uggg
i hope it gets better 4 u soon, sending prayers your way;)!!

TIM&SHAN said...

This also might help
http://health.howstuffworks.com/home-remedies-for-insomnia1.htm

The Squires' Fam said...

I hear some Percs and a bottle of alcohol usually do the trick. Don't try it though! My nightly routine consists of an Ambien, a few Benedryl and a hot bath. I have some serious issues getting to sleep too. Good luck!

Shannon said...

One word: meditation. Love it. Helps me every time:

Mantra meditation is my thang. But there's lots out there...

sleep deprivation is not cool. Good luck.

The Wendler Family said...

Tylenol simply sleep.
Took one last night (half the dose) and it did the trick.
That and breathing exercises: fill lungs completely to the count of 4 and exhale slowly counting quickly to 20+. That really relaxes me.

Trent and Janel Lyman said...

Sex...works for Trent EVERY time.

Ashley Cooper said...

Valerian - it's some herb, but it's helped me in the past. Sounds like other people have some really good ideas too though. Somethin's gotta work, right?

Related Posts with Thumbnails