Tuesday, November 24, 2009

...spots...

Before you proceed reading this post, please read this wonderful piece of writing from Sensei. In fact, it is required. 

I'll wait...







I love this post, the way she wrote it, and most of all the tender meaning within it.  It's beautiful.  I asked if I could take her idea and write about the spot I'm most thankful for.  She kindly obliged.  So, my friends, let me introduce you to my favorite spot.  The spot where I feel most free, calm and uninhibited.  The spot where my soul can rest.  The spot where I can breathe.


Oceanside Beach, CA



Every summer my family takes a week and spends it here.  It is always the highlight of my summer.  This past year, after missing a few summer vacations, I was able to visit my spot three times.  It's been beautiful.

The first occasion we were with some dear friends.  It was wonderful to take them to my spot.  I even have a picture of Hanna playing in the sand, well eating the sand, in my spot.  We relaxed, we played, we enjoyed the warm air, the ocean breeze, and the waves crashing onto the shore.

Our second trip was quick, for a wedding, but we got to spend a few hours enjoying this spot.

Ah, but the third trip, sigh, it was perfect.  There is nothing more dear to me than time with my family, in my spot.  This is where my soul lives.  It's always a joy to go reunite with it from time to time.  It reminds me who I really am, my place in the world. 



Take a peek at my spot...

Photobucket

Photobucket




what spot are you thankful for?  do tell.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

6 comments:

lauren said...

me likey. thanks for sharing.

thelewisfamily said...

Yes yes and yes! Oceanside has the BEST sand!

Trent and Janel Lyman said...

Thanks for sharing your special spot! Those pictures make me smile. What kind of mother lets their kid eat sand...

Jamie said...

That was a great post. I too LOVE the beach and the ocean. I think I'd love to live on the coast of Cali someday or possibly Puerto Rico. I thought of "my spot" and I have to say that it's probably my great-granny's house. She's passed on now, but I had many good memories there. Spending time in the raspberry patch during the summers, swinging from the willow trees, laying in the grass, picking flowers, sitting on the porch, and making crafts with granny. I loved the smell of her house and her pancakes and playing in her bathroom with all the lotions and powders. If I had to choose another spot, it would be this really cool, peaceful place close to the Archer cemetery where my mom is buried.

tressajohnny said...

I might just have to boycot your blog too.... :)

Kristin said...

Beautiful pictures. I think my favorite spot is a beach called Tecolote in La Paz, Mexico, or Santa Maria in Cabos. I haven't been there in far too long.

Related Posts with Thumbnails