Thursday, December 31, 2009

...2009: brick by boring brick...

it's that time again.

yes, the time where, as if you haven't read enough about my life in the past year, i recap it all, month by boring month.  don't worry, this year it's going to be short and sweet.

i know right?  you keep that excitement in check, you hear?

go get your shovels, and we'll dig a deep hole...

...and bury '09 six feet under.

well, at least i'm gonna bury my 2009 six feet under.

let's begin.

january
it was that time of year.  you know, the time of year where i make my empty resolutions.

february
janel and i made a run to st. george, thus creating an annual girls trip.  in 2010 we are going to vegas, seeing, 'the lion king,' sitting by the pool, and we will probably eat a lot.  anyone else wanna join?

march
studly turned the big 25 and our car insurance premium went down.  we also went to disneyland & seaworld with the lyman's.  one of the best vacations ever.  i sat on the beach.

april
it snowed.  a lot.  boo.

may
i celebrated my 24th year of life.  i ate a lot of cake. 

june
mj croaked. so in honor of him i bought a new car (2008 jeep grand cherokee) and named it mj.  studly and i went to california again, and we sat on the beach.  oh, and we ate a lot of in & out

july
we sat on the beach.  this time for a whole week.  bliss.

august
i decided to write a book with the help of my readers & friends.  it's a long, emotional process.  i'm still working on it.  don't give up on me.

september
i felt like a change was gonna come.  i met this lady, and she took some sweet pictures of us.  oh, and we turned our adoption papers in.   huzzah.

october
found out approval wasn't on the horizon for us, thus neither was gaining a little one.  i wrote a couple good posts this month, which is out of character for me.

november
ate a lot.

december
we ate more. 



leaving you on more of a sincere note, 2009 has been a year of acceptance and healing for us.  while we are no where near the end of our story, we have learned how to roll with the ebb and flow of our lives.  we dug in our heels and moved foward.

sometimes that's all you can do.

welcome 2010, we've been expecting you.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

7 comments:

The VerNooy's said...

I want to go to vegas!!! And, you guys got the not approved stamp?! What? Are you serious, why not?! I had no idea, I was hoping to see you adopting soon! Hugs!

TIM&SHAN said...

I am so down for Vegas!!!! Oh wait I live in the south.. gay
Oh well have fun for me!!!!!!
PS 2009 was good for me for only a few reasons and making my new blogging friend Kenna was one of them!!!

Trent and Janel Lyman said...

Hurray for girls trips!

Bec said...

I think we will bury 2009 together - onwards and upwards!

Jamie said...

Loved the recap. Apparently you ate a lot. :) I wish I could go to Vegas with you and sit by a pool. :(
Keep working on your book. I can't wait to see the finished product.

Cheree said...

Um. . . where's the photo with the post? Hmmm???

Kenna said...

Ha ha, this post was a 2009 post. The rule of a photo with every post is for 2010. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails