Wednesday, December 30, 2009

...a picture is worth um, a lot of words...

happy christmas to me.





(i chose this camera due to a recommendation from my favorite and the most talent photog in the land, sensei)

as soon as i'm not terrified to travel from my front door to my car (boo. snow.) i am going to pick this beauty up.  i'm quite excited, you see.  i've always wanted to get into photography, even though i have a very strong feeling i don't hold any natural affinity toward it.  oh well, i need a new hobby.

i made a promise to my pal erin that i would post a picture with every post in 2010.

eekers.

this means one of two things.  first, obviously my writing is sub par and readers would MUCH rather look at pictures and second, um, you all like pictures.

no matter, because i accept her challenge!

hold on to your hats, readers.

you are about to be bombarded by lots and lots of sub par writing AND photography.

the joy.


Image and video hosting by TinyPic

8 comments:

Ashley said...

I like pictures, but I would have to vehemently disagree that your writing is sub par.

TIM&SHAN said...

I agree with Ashley... I love love your writing. LOVE. <3
BUt you know I love pictures too;) Pictures have power.
the only thing wrong with this situation is that your buying a Nikon:} LOL
Sorry girl ... I bleed Canon Red;)
But I'm sure a Nikon will do just fine:} LOL

Erin said...

well . . . initially, the challenged was offerred to us by Steve L. He probably doesn't remember, but we converted. So . . . I'll keep up my end of the bargain and post 1x week! yikes

Alli said...

My sixteen year old brother got the same camera for Christmas. Your photography will no doubt be better than his. He specializes in cats...more specifically, the family cats.

And I never thought, "gee, I wish Kenna would post some pictures with these thoughts..." But I do consider this an extra treat to see you become a photographer. I'm sure you'll be great because you are already creative.

Jen Nelson said...

Jealous!!

I don't need pictures with every post, but that will be super cool!

Love you!

The Wendler Family said...

I read your blog not expecting a picture with your posts (and not in a negative way). Your words are quite enough for me but when there is a pic, it is always a welcomed surprise. :)
New hobbies are theraputic. You go girl!

Kristin said...

i'm jealous...

Josh and Kandice said...

I am so excited for you to get your camera...i'm still saving for mine. Can't wait! I'm a Canon girl, too, but the pics I've seen from Nikons are awesome. I love your writing and pictures will just add to your wonderful blog. Let's do dinner and we can take pics with your awesome new camera!

Related Posts with Thumbnails