Thursday, December 17, 2009

...warrior...


I have never thought of myself as a warrior.  In fact, most of the time I consider myself the exact opposite.  Turns out I'm kind of a pansy.  I'm all talk.  Seriously, ask anyone.  So whenever anyone says, 'You are brave, you have courage, you are a warrior.' I kind of get all weird inside because I wonder if it's bad of me to have lead them on like that.  Mmk, so sometimes I think I must be resilient to have made it this far in life with what's been going down, but still, there is a huge difference between resilient and being a warrior.  The first thing that pops into my head when I think, 'resilient' is cockroaches.

You know, because they can basically survive under any circumstance.

Kinda like me.  No, really.  It's been documented.  (my medical file is thicker than all the twlight books put together, and that is not even an exaggeration.)  ((mmk, maybe it was, but it's a great visual, eh?))

So imagine my surprise when I received a package in the mail the other day with a necklace bearing the word, 'warrior' on it.   Confession: I cried.  Yes, the ice queen broke down and cried.  Probably because it couldn't have come at a better time.  Probably because it feels so good to know someone was thinking about me enough to send something so meaningful.

Probably because I needed strength to be a warrior and survive the next month or so.

Or the next however long it takes.

I wish I had a camera capable of taking a good picture of said necklace.  (I will in a week or so, don't you worry)  My dear reader and friend Mandy had my other dear friend Lindsey make this necklace for me.  Lindsey, Kim and Leisha, you are sneaky.  You know how I love your etsy shop, and I check it often.  I didn't even see this one coming.

It is nothing short of perfect.

Mandy, you are a doll.  Thank you for being so kind and generous.  You are a wonderful person and I count myself lucky to know you.  Honestly & truly.

I hope I can live up to this necklace. 


“To be a warrior is not a simple matter of wishing to be one. It is rather an endless struggle that will go on to the very last moment of our lives. Nobody is born a warrior, in exactly the same way that nobody is born an average man. We make ourselves into one or the other.”



Image and video hosting by TinyPic

4 comments:

Mandy said...

i love you. just a reminder of what you have been, what you currently are, and what you will continue to be. little warrior kenna. :)

Ashley said...

One of my students has a t-shirt that says, "This is my kick butt shirt." I should find out where she got it and get you one 'cause you really are tough.

And I totally love your writing. Like a lot. :)

Jessica GaleForceOne said...

Pretty sure last time I saw your file it was relatively small compared to some lovely...but for the sake of your story- its was taller than Jack's bean stock.


Question:

Could cockroaches be considered invincible warriors?

Kenna said...

That's good to know, especially since it's my 'brain file.'

Wait until you see my OB's/General Doc's file. That's the one that is massive. :)

invincible warriors?

hmm...

Related Posts with Thumbnails