Friday, March 26, 2010

...friday festivity...

sigh, it's snowing. that does not make me want to post about something happy. makes me want to post about how much i loathe the snow.  come on, mother nature, we all slack off work on friday's, join us.

mmk, so it's really not that hard to think of something that makes me joyous.  can i post two today?  whatever, it's my blog, so i will.

numero uno:  my friends.  

they can make me laugh, make me cry, & get me to run 1/2 marathons.  (linds, i'm still not sure how this happened.  one minute you are asking to crash at my place, the next i'm spending $43.50 for a slow and painful death)  they listen to me complain late at night, and encourage me to make it through the day early in the morning.  we go on trips, we eat, we play, we shop, we play mexican train so late that i'm falling asleep at the table...we eat cake, drink coke, watch movies, play the wii.  sigh, we enjoy each other.  at least i enjoy them.  i am lucky.  my friends are better than your friends.  (unless i am your friend.  in that case your friends are as awesome as my friends)

numero dos: music

it just makes all the difference.  i was chatting with my favorite oklahoma resident last night about the tunes we listened to back in the day.  (you know, what we call, 'the 90's' sure, most of the tracks and albums we loved then are embarrassing now, but c'mon, you can't tell me that you wouldn't still know all the words and possibly even the dance routine to, 'bye, bye, bye' by n'sync.  admit it.  i won't tell.

your turn.

what are you lovin' on today?

oh, and i would love it if you'd leave your favorite song behind.   

 


Image and video hosting by TinyPic

13 comments:

Harmony said...

Today I am lovin' my new nephew!!! My bro and SIL have been trying to adopt for 3+ years and yesterday they got the call that they are getting a baby boy today!!!

Erin said...

Erin: Baby snores from Maya & going to see Alice in Wonderland tonight!

India: Calling Daddy on Skype. Making juice.

Favorite songs: Hanging By a Moment by Lifehouse & I am a Child of God.

Trent and Janel Lyman said...

Mexican Train....I'm SOO going to win, we've been practicing...ah, thanks for putting a smile on my face!

I'm thankful for vacations, and mine couldn't come fast enough...3 more months!

Gillian and Kevin Mohlman said...

I'm lovin swiss family robinson right now... I totally want their tree house!

My favorite songs have got to be: Terrified by Katharine McPhee, Apology by Grace Potter, and Papercut by Jordin Sparks.

Ashley said...

I am loving my brother's sense of humor this morning, the tulips on the table and my daughter's fashion forward outfit for the day; Princess Aurora night gown, striped hoodie, Elmo slippers and a shawl.


Songs.... Morning Song-Jewel, Sweet Baby James- James Taylor, Leader of the Band-Dan Fogleberg & The Middle- Jimmy Eat World.

Guilty pleasure songs:

Take a Chance On Me-ABBA (I like ABBA. There, I said it)

Lady Marmalade (yes, I know all the words)

Jumpin' Jumpin' - Destiny's Child (this is playing right now and Julia's rocking out to it)

And while I don't know the words to "Bye Bye Bye" my husband does. Along with the dance. Which he *will* break out in if you bring it up.

*shudder*

TIM&SHAN said...

I am lovin my team of amazingly kind and compitent doctors and nurses at South Eastern Fertiity Center. They are always so kind and postitive all the time. They care so much about helping me get pregnant. They work crazy hours to help my dream come true. LOVE. THEM.

I have so many favorite songs but here are a few:

Ignorance - Paramore
Turn it off - Paramore
Lucky - Jason Mraz & Colbie Caillat
Faultless - Hillary Weeks
It would never be enough - Hillary Weeks
Again - Flyleaf
Unbreakable - Fireflight
Familiar taste of Poison - Halestorm
Surfer Girl - Homegrown
Alibi - 30 sec to Mars

Ok sorry... I will stop now

Kim said...

Today I'm lovin' the white cheddar cheese puffs I've been eating. They taste so good that I don't care how bad they are for me! Sorry about the snow. All I will say is I'm glad I live in Texas today. :)

A few of my favorite songs lately:
Crazy Love - Michael Buble
That's What I'm Here For - Jason Castro
American Honey - Lady Antebellum
Brand New Day - Tim Myers

Ashley said...

Today I love gummy bears. :)

lauren said...

i love sunshine.

and my fav song right now is machine gun by portishead.

my fav song ever? hard to say, really. probably something classical. like the pathetique sonata by beethoven.

and yes, i know i'm weird. but oh well.

Alli said...

I forgot to put Eve 6's Here's to the Night. Takes me back to Senior Year.

And I love oreos and milk today.

Jessica GaleForce said...

I am lovin my day today. I had the chance to go to the temple with my bbf Lacey. Then we got to go to a place that we only get to go to when we are together...Los Hermanos. I love my fully-stuffed stomach brimming with 2 enchiladas and beans & beans. Lovin life right now :)

Jamie said...

I'm lovin' feeling productive today. Got some major things out of the way and I feel good! I'm sorry about the snow. Blasted weather. It's almost April fa'cryin'outloud!! I love my music. A LOT. And my friends too. So glad you are one of them!

I have way too many "favorite" songs, but one of my recent favies is "Fools" by the Dodos. Another one I'm really digging lately is "Nothing to Worry About" by Peter Bjorn and John.

Katie and Jake said...

I may or may not still know all the dance moves to bye bye bye...maybe.

Related Posts with Thumbnails