Wednesday, August 18, 2010

...i'ma let you fininsh, but...

i'ma tell you a funny story.  

truth be told, i don't sleep much.  it's just the way of life.  i believe there is a name for it.  

right, insomnia, that's it.

on sunday i was struggling.  i was (THIS) close to losing it because after a while sleep deprivation starts to reek havoc on my brain.  so, in my desperation, i took an am.bien.  i figured it couldn't hurt and i would do anything for a little shut eye.

oh my anne of green gables.  how i WISH we had a camera on that night.  

i crawled into bed next to studly and drifted off into a peaceful slumber.
 
so i thought...

apparently i started to tell studly about how the room was turning into a rain forest, just like ferngully(yeah, remember that movie?  oh right, you wouldn't admit it if you did.)  oh yes, i said to studly, 'studly, it looks just like ferngully!  look at the mist!'  then, i proceeded to attempt to touch the mist, and i even made 'whooshing' noises.  obviously i wanted him to understand exactly what the mist looked and sounded like.  i'm descriptive like that.

whoooooooooooosh.

would you know it that am.bien makes you thirsty?  studly said i slurped and sipped an imaganary coke for a few minutes before reaching over onto my night stand and grabbing my water bottle.  naturally i didn't get any water in my mouth, just all over my shirt.  naturally.  studly became concerned that i didn't get the lid secured on my water, and asked me to make sure it was twisted on.  i smacked the lid on the water bottle and yelled at him, 'it's ON!  SEE!?' 

psh, duh studly, do NOT question me!  especially not when i'm medicated! 

then i rolled over and continued to drool all over my pillow. 

studly said there was lots more, but he doesn't remember.  i'm tempted to take another one and record it.  you can't tell me that wouldn't be blog GOLD!

gold i tell you!


Image and video hosting by TinyPic

13 comments:

Ashley said...

mercy i wuv woo.

thanks for the giggle.

Betsy Lee said...

Hi McKenna! I blog stalk you every once in awhile and so I'm aware of your adoption situation. I'm not, however, aware of what your current status is with adoption, but I just heard of someone in SF who is looking for an adoptive couple who lives close, is registered with LDS Family Services, and is willing to have an open adoption. She's due any day now with a girl and hasn't been able to find a couple yet. I gave her your blog address, but I wasn't sure how to give her your profile info (if you have it). I think the blog has enough info that she could find you on the LDS Family Services, but if not let me know what I need to pass on.

Betsy Lee said...

To clarify I gave her your adoption blog address, not this one.

pusher said...

Light-weight!

Aubrey said...

When we reschedule our "date" remind me to tell you about my friend that took an ambien one night....HILARITY.

Jessica GaleForce said...

Lol This is FABULOUS!!

I am like that every night of the week. Heaven forbid if I took take, they might lock me up in the looney bin cause I would prolly jump off a building thinking I could fly!

Trent and Janel Lyman said...

hahaha!! That's AWESOME! Have I told you Trent's story of trying to undress on an airplane...probably have...Oh and Ferngully, my parent's totally own it. Love it.

TIM&SHAN said...

I would pay money to see that!!!

Jen Nelson said...

love. it.

I remember Ferngully. Only because I *had* to watch it with my little sisters?

My aunt shopped in her sleep while on that! Hilarious! I do crazy things in my sleep and I'm not medicated! Maybe I should be...

Cali said...

Kenna that's hilarious!! I love the coke part. My bro-in-law was seeing chinese people in the bedroom trying to steal his stuff once. Just make sure you go straight to bed when you take that stuff! (and not to your car or some other place)

Jamie said...

Sadly I've never seen Ferngully. But I think I'm gonna have to now.
Ambien eh? Who woulda thought? I don't think Studly would divorce you over it. If anything, he'll keep you around for laughs. I know I would. :)

Kristin said...

Some people make sex videos, you on the other hand...

Pamela said...

I have a friend that ended up in the street butt naked after taking an ambien and yelling about mosquitoes. Then they ripped apart their downstairs living room trying to get the wolves out. Yep, apparently this is an Ambien thing?

Related Posts with Thumbnails