Monday, February 7, 2011

...looking for their little, the pierce family...

the pierce family

Chris and I got married in the San Diego temple almost 6 years ago. We met when our friends tried to set up their cousins: my friend invited me to meet her cousin, and her cousin brought Chris along to meet my friend. It's not confusing, I just make it that way.

Anyway, we met that night; after some clarification through his friend (Chris thought I was 16...), he finally figured out how to ask a girl on a date, and a short 8 days later (I know. I know.) he romantically asked me to marry him, through the commitment pattern (think mission style). It was not romantic. But boy he was cute. After a real proposal on New Years Eve, that actually involved a ring this time, we were married on April Fools Day, 2005.


Did I mention I am my husbands first kiss?


I married a Saint. I know.


Oh, and he was NOT my first kiss.


We have had our hearts broken and delicately mended, while trying to bring our babies to this earth. To make a long, beautiful, tragic, lovely, heartbreaking, hopeful story short, we have three miracle babies in our family, after 11 pregnancies. We are beyond grateful for each blessing, and marvel at the miracles that our children are. Our youngest son was born August 4, 2010, when my water broke prematurely at 5 months along. As we held our son in our arms while he took his first and last breath, we knew that our family was not complete; it was made known that we have very specific spirits that would be coming to our family through the miracle of adoption.


An
d we have been searching for our babies ever since.
 
 
find their profile with lds family services here.
 
find their adoption blog here.

find their family blog here.

grab their button from their adoption blog!  



***this is an amazing family.  taylor emailed me and as i read her story, and as i have scoured her blog, i'm touched, moved, and in tears.  taylor, i admire you.  basically i want to be your friend, because i think i could learn a lot from what you have to offer.  your experiences are no doubt, while painful and hellish, an amazing tool to buoy up others who have reached their ultimate low. i would have given up.  i would have said, 'screw this, i don't care anymore.'  any little would be blessed to join this family.***




Image and video hosting by TinyPic

4 comments:

.From Her. said...

Kenna!!

You are so dear! And what are you talking about you "want to be friends". Uh... I guess it's sort of awkward that I thought we were totally BFF's, just short of an awesome secret hand shake.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME! You rock. And yes, I truly do consider you a dear friend.

Jewls said...

I love this spotlighting idea! I'm adding their button to our adoption blog right now! :)

Rachel said...

I am continually AMAZED by the awesome people in this world. What a cool family. I would totally place my baby with them. They are adorable, fun, and genuine.

Thanks for doing these spotlights, Kenna! How often are you going to do them? I need to send you ours! I can't believe how crazy this week has been!

kenna said...

don't worry! i'm going to do them every monday, as long as people keep sending me their info.

Related Posts with Thumbnails