Sunday, April 24, 2011

...he is risen...

"I will see you again, and your heart shall rejoice, and your joy no man taketh from you... In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world." -John 16:22,33
this picture proudly hangs in my living room.


there are a lot of pictures i could have chosen, but this one spoke to me.  simply, Christ overcame all, and this picture reminds me daily that through Him, i can do the same.  i can not only overcome, but be a better person, learn, grown and help others.  my trials are no match for the strength that comes through the atonement of Jesus Christ.

this year i've focused more on the fact that the atonement is not only for our sins, but for all our pains.  mental, physical, spiritual.  i'm learning to allow the Lord to heal and help me.  it's slow going, i'm stubborn, but i know with time and faith in His atoning sacrifice, i will triumph over all.
“In our hour of deepest sorrow, we can receive profound peace from the words of the angel that first Easter morning: ‘He is not here: for he is risen.'"
-President Thomas S. Monson 

 there is no greater phrase than, 'he is risen.' 
such hope and peace come knowing this.
more about my religion here.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Love it Kenna! It's only through Christ...thanks for sharing your sweet testimony.

Stephanie said...

I'm learning this too... Overcoming our challenges through His power is the only way to go. :) Thanks for sharing this. You're amazing and I love you as always.

Anonymous said...

best post ever :) Happy easter!

Related Posts with Thumbnails