Monday, April 11, 2011

...ovarian barbarian bash...

in exactly 12 hours my very good looking surgeon will be cutting a most delightful 5 to 7 inch incision.  

on my body.

eekers?
you know, then he is going to burn out some organs.  not something on my bucket list, but i'm flexible. 

did i mention the whole, 'i'll be sterile' part?

i'm still trying to swallow that pill.

the important part is that i'm well taken care of.  so many of you have sent emails, texts, little notes reminding me i'm loved and i'm strong.  i have sweet friends bringing dinner, ginger ale and rolls.  i have a great mom and dad who are taking care of boog.  i have a great mother-in-law and father-in-law who are also helping take care of boog.  i have two great sisters who are willing to help.  a brother who is going to keep boog happy as can be while he's at my parent's house.  my brother-in-law ben and my sister-in-law valerie have offered to come down and take care of me and boog, to bring food and to not make fun of me when i wet the bed. plus, boog will get to play with cooper, and hopefully forget his mom is an invalid.   

basically i know i can do this because of the support i have.  

so thank you, from my tip toes.
the doctor is going to take a picture of my uterus and ovary, which is AWESOME.  can wait to flip that picture off.

well, dear readers, this is where i sign off.  i need to go cuddle my little boog and get a few winks of sleep.

i love you all.

lots of peeps got my back, ya dig?



Image and video hosting by TinyPic

9 comments:

Val'n'Ben said...

There are many words to describe you; you are compassionate, kind, witty, wonderful, beautiful and mighty! (to name just a few)

I hope you know what we all know, sterility will not define you any more than infertility did. Each will be a trial you have endured or will endure, not who you are.

You have proven time and time again that, impossible as these obstacles may seem at the time, they are merely stepping stones to where Heavenly Father would have you grow.

Layla said...

You're in my thoughts and prayers today. I can't wait to hear from you and hear hilarious hospital stories and how great you're feeling without constant pain in your life. <3

dust and kam said...

Love you Kenna. You are a strong and amazing woman! Thinking of you all day. And then probably the next. At least. Cause you know, I'm nice like that.

Lacey. Kellen. Beck. said...

Praying for you!

Leslie said...

Thinking of you today. Can't wait to see you and boog.

YOU
ARE
AMAZING

Sell...Party Of 4 said...

Sending good vibes to you.

24 hours and I will be meeting your hawtness. Can't wait!!

Kristin said...

Hang tough! Praying for you! We'll come see you asap. :)

Ashley said...

Sure you can't talk the surgeon into letting you keep it? Like bronze it, put it on your coffee table? Or only bring it out for special occasions? Like visiting teachers or less savory in-laws?

I demand a recount.

Nicole said...

I can't wait to see a picture of someone's uterus who I actually know! Not one of those impersonal text book shots... Now we know uterus was leaving insearch of a solo career...selfish bastard.

Related Posts with Thumbnails