Thursday, June 16, 2011

...breathing normal...

 man of the hour.

for the first time in years i have been sleeping soundly in my bed.

no thoughts of, 'what if's'.

no fears eating at my brain.

just relief.  just sleep.  just peace.

i cannot find, and probably will never find, words to adequately express my love for boog and for his birth families.  this has been a fight to the finish, and i have battle scars (physical and emotional) that would make even the strongest flinch.

scars are gnarly, anyway, especially when they look like a shark took a bite out of you.

and oh, we've been eaten alive by sharks.  

that doesn't matter now.

on tuesday we sat before a judge and expressed our love for boog and our desire to 'officially' be his parents.  



our judge apparently read through all of our paper work and stated, 'for such a young couple you have been through so much.  you are an inspiration.'

i was taken aback.  what a compliment.

our amazing caseworker, K, testified that we were amazing parents (eek?) and boog was lucky to be in our home.  it was when she started to choke up that i lost it.

again, what amazing compliments.

with our parents as our support team, we signed on the black line in front of our judge.

the sigh of relief i let out could be heard throughout the courtroom.  

this little guy is our world, and there is nothing more i want than that. 

 caseworker K

family support group

judge laycock and our amazing lawyer


my heart is so full it could burst.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

33 comments:

Sell...Party Of 4 said...

oh that is just soo sweet!

you guys are such an adorable little family...a forever one at that!

Jewls said...

You had the same judge as us!! Didn't you just love her?! We had no idea what to expect but she made it very pleasant! Congrats, congrats!!! Soooo excited for you guys!!

Jamie said...

That is so awesome to hear. I'm glad you are breathing normal again. :)

Diana Smith said...

How wonderful! I am so happy for you and your family! You deserve the best!

Rebecca said...

Awesome! Congratulations to all of you. What a wonderful moment. I love the pictures. So happy for you.

Kim said...

Oh happy day!!! Congrats! We are so excited for you. The best is yet to come.

-M- said...

the. BEST! CONGRATULATIONS!!

Heather said...

wahoo! Congrats!!! This may be an odd question but is your caseworker hearing impaired? I think she was my room mate for a few months and I owe her A LOT of apologies!

kenna said...

she is. small world!

Jen Nelson said...

I'm totally crying! Congratulations!! I am SOOO happy for you guys :)

Kristin said...

CONGRATULATIONS! Oh this is just beautiful. I'm so so happy and grateful and full of joy for you! I think you are incredible and that judge is right on. You ARE an inspiration.

p.s. hawt lace legs

Kristin said...

p.p.s. you are looking quite trim my friend. just thought I should point out the obvious.

dust and kam said...

So happy for you! beautiful, beautiful family. And an amazing one at that.

Que and Brittany's Adoption Journal said...

YAY! Congratulations!

Ashley said...

Yay! Yay! Yay! Congratulations! SO happy for you!!!

Tina said...

I can't say how happy I am for you!!! Congratulations!!!

Crystal said...

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!AHHH I am so Happy for All 3 of you!!

Richard and McKenna said...

What a very special day!! I am so incredibly happy for you! You deserve it all. :)

hope2adoptbaby said...

What a great day for your little family! I've never commented before, but have read your blog for awhile. Congratulations! Your trip to the temple will be even more amazing and I can't wait to see pictures! Shelby

Heather said...

if you talk to her tell her sorry about a thousand times for me please

Stephanie said...

Chills and tears right now, my dear. Can't wait to see you all in a couple more weeks. :)

Leslie said...

Reading your post, I feel like I was there! I'm so happy that's all over. He's YOURS! And in a couple of weeks, he will be yours FOREVER! Love all of you.

ShannonH said...

Tears and joy!!!

You know, I'm glad the judge said that - we all think it you know, everyday!!!

Lynne said...

Congratulations to your lovely little family...what a beautiful day!

Hot Pink said...

A-MA-ZING! I am so happy for you! I can not even find the words to express the Joy I feel for you. Reading back through your story, I see that he belongs with you and I'm SO glad his birth mom had the strength to put him where be needed to be.

Ashley Rose said...

2 things:

1) I am so deliriously happy for you guys. There are no words to express the joy of being a parent - no matter how you get there. Congrats Mamma!

2) (and this one really doesn't matter) Judge Laycock is the judge who REmarried me and McKay. Awesome lady.

Carlee Ann said...

One word... WAHOOOOOOO!

Clint and Karley Root said...

this made me teary eyed with happiness for you guys. Such amazing people you are!! oh and you look adorable. Lovin the tights!!

Brianne said...

This is so great Kenna! And you DEFINITELY are an inspiration! I have looked up to you for a while now :)

Bec said...

So beautiful :-)

The Matlocks said...

What an amazing beautiful family!

Kristin said...

There is nothing like that court experience. It's so emotional and there's such a relief knowing that it's all signed and final. Next stop - TEMPLE!!

Stacy Stoddard said...

congrats...i love this day. i am so excited to hear about the temple sealing. that is the cherry on top.

Related Posts with Thumbnails